What to pack
Malaysia is pretty hot. The average temperature all year round hovers between 28-30 degrees Celcius and very humid. The good thing is, everything is air-conditioned. Remember, if you plan to shop whilst in Malaysia, you should consider how much you pack.
- Comfortable clothes (light and breathable natural fabrics)
- Swimmers (pre-surgery at the hotel)
- Pyjama’s for men: Make sure you have larger than normal elastic waist type bottoms. Anything tight will cause pain with the surgical scars.
- Pyjama’s for women: As above or nightgown.
- Comfortable walking footwear
- Thongs or sandals
- A good hat
- Toiletries (the hotel will have basic toiletries such as body wash, shampoo, and conditioner)
- A good book (or two)
- Tablet to watch a movie (hotel and hospital does have a tv but it is mostly Malaysian TV that you may not understand)
- Overnight bag for hospital
- Post-surgical stockings (you may be supplied these, but would recommend for plane trip home to reduce risk of DVT)
- Medications and prescriptions (you may be required to show your prescription)